If you are planning foreign travel for holiday or business purposes you may require travel vaccinations.
Bradford on avon Occupational Health are able to provide an NHS service for all the patients of Bradford on Avon and Melksham Health Partnership.
Prior to your
travel clinic appointment we ask that you fill in a
Pre Travel Questionnaire.
Please take note of the following points:
EACH person in your family/party will need to complete a separate form.
- Ensure you have answered ALL questions.
- Not all vaccinations are available on the NHS and not all patients are eligible for NHS vaccines. (See Travel Vaccinations Price List& FAQs)
- Please be aware that you will notbe seen without filling in the Pre Travel Questionnaire
- You must submit your questionnaire at least 8 weeks before your departure date (See FAQ for more information)
Hep A & B Vaccines – National Shortage
There is currently a national shortage of the Hep A & B Vaccines which is affecting all GP surgeries and travel clinics. The vaccinations will be available in the future but will be rationed for priority cases initially.
What to expect next:
Completed forms will be given to Gill Kent – our travel nurse, who will review your needs and may need to discuss some of your answers with you to ensure that you are fully protected. This is likely to be by telephone initially and then an appointment can be made for you to attend the travel clinic. Answers from your pre-travel questionnaire will help us work out the appropriate course of vaccinations for your destination/s and for your specific itinerary.
Please bring your travel book to the appointment if you have one, the travel nurse can update it accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I have to submit my pre-travel questionnaire 8 weeks before my departure date?
- Some vaccinations will require a course of injections and will need time to be fully effective. You will need to allow for this and will need to start your vaccinations well in advance of your travel date. If you do not allow enough time before you travel, we may not be able to offer you an appointment early enough for you to have the full protection of the vaccinations prior to the date of travel. This is likely to put your health at considerable risk when you do travel.
What if I can’t submit my questionnaire 8 weeks before my departure date?
- Should you be unable to submit your questionnaire 8 weeks prior to your departure date then an emergency private appointment may be offered to you. Private appointments cost £20 for a15 minute appointment with the travel nurse and this does not include the cost of private vaccinations; however NHS vaccines will not incur an extra charge if you are eligible.(see Travel Vaccinations Price Listfor details)
Why do I have to pay for some vaccinations?
- Private patients will be required to pay for all vaccinations- including those available on the NHS. Not all vaccinations are available on the NHS; some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. Where there is a charge for a vaccination payment will need to be made in advance of your appointment. Click the link to view the Travel Vaccinations Price List.
- Vaccine charges apply regardless of the patient’s age.
If you are travelling to Altitude or to a remote area we are able to offer a consultation with a doctor to discuss any medication requirements. This can be either a telephone or face to face consultation. There will be an additional charge for this service. Please discuss your requirements with the Travel Nurse who will be able to give further advice
When and where does the clinic take place?
- Travel Clinic appointments are currently offered on a Friday at St Margaret’s Surgery, Bradford on Avon.
Further Information: Travel Advice
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Health Advice for Travellers
Fit for Travel